Monday, August 11, 2008

ROUND 1 FINALIST#5 (CHRIS) ENTRY COMMENTS



Here are the comments / critiques for FINALIST 5:

My problem with this picture is that the concept picture looks better than the recreated picture in terms of the overflowing use of sex appeal. I salute the model for taking risk in showing his body w/c is in a way appealing but his face does not relate w/ what he wants to relay. It will also adhere more to the concept if he used a recyclable material instead of wearing his undies.

I liked the vastness of the background with all the newspapers around. I like Chris' bareness. I liked the brown floors. Truly earthy. The model - I liked the way his photographer did with the lights and focusing on him without suffocating him. He is sexy but not flirting. But he looked nervous. And I find him a little bit stiff, or was that supposed to be intentional? One good thing, he did not get drowned with the stacks of newspaper hugging the background.

I’m so SORRY though, i just realized that Chris was not wearing a recyclable outfit.
In this bareness, I got distracted by the newspapers around. a great photo though, but I must abide by the rules "The photo must recreate a high fashion lay-out using only recyclable items for the outfit."

He was not wearing any outfit at all to see the recycled materials. A bubbly bathrobe made of plastics can hardly qualify for something that is recycled.

Highs: I like your bubble wrap robe. It was hard for me to distinguish though.

Lows: You look like a miniature on the background you used. Your facial expression looks awkward. Practice on the mirror and be more expressive.

No comments: